Shamanic Chinese Medicine Practitioner Training: Overview
Schedule for Practitioner Training Series in:
- SCM 4: May 31 – June 4, 2017
- Clinic: June 9 - 11, 2017
2017 - 18
- SCM 1: Sept. 27 - Oct. 1, 2017
- SCM 2: Nov. 15 - 19, 2017
- SCM 3: March 21 - 25, 2018
- SCM 4: May 30 - June 3, 2018
- Clinic: June 15 - 17, 2018
San Anselmo, CA
- SCM 1: Oct. 27 – 29, 2017
- SCM 2: Jan. 26 - 28, 2017
- SCM 3: April. 13 - 15, 2018
- SCM 4: June 22 - 24, 2018
- Clinic: June 26 - 28, 2018
Shamanic Chinese Medicine is a balanced program that draws upon Chinese Energetic Medicine, Qigong and Shamanism. It is one of the four branches of Traditional Chinese Medicine. Practitioners study, master and utilize the secret knowledge passed down from the Shamanic Wu healers of ancient times. In SCM, the physical, mental/emotional, and spiritual bodies are understood to all be connected. When an imbalance in the physical body manifests, it has its roots in the patient's mental/emotional, and spiritual fields. To restore well being, the practitioner works to clear negative, stuck and stagnant energies in all of the fields. This helps the Qi to flow smoothly, which then helps restore balance and health.
SCM healers learn to move between spirit and matter to bring healing to physical, energetic, emotional and spiritual disorders. Classes are an exciting way to accelerate your own personal growth as you develop the skills of a true healer.
Transform your life as you practice Qigong exercises and Shengong meditations, give and receive powerful healing sessions and become a master of the mysterious arts of Invisible Needles, Distance Therapy, Imprinting Qi, Emitting Hot and Cold Energies, Sound Therapy, Color Therapy, Vibration Emission. Work with spirit oppression and possession, clearing ghosts and entities etc.
An Empty Mountain Institute Certificate is awarded for seminar attendance. Shamanic Chinese Medicine Certificate is awarded upon completion of all requirements.
Prerequisite: There is no prerequisite for this course.
- 200 hr Practitioner Program
- No prerequisites
- Leads to Therapist and Masters's Programs
- Includes audio downloads
- Vancouver class format is 4 X 5 day seminars plus 3 day clinic
- San Anselmo format is 4 X 2.5 days home study with video and 2.5 days live per seminar plus 3 day clinic
- Vancouver - $3,575 Tuition plus texts
- San Anselmo - $3,375 Tuition plus texts
We will utilize "Chinese Energetic Medicine, volumes 1 - 5, by Dr. Jerry Alan Johnson Ph.D., D.T.C.M., D.M.Q. (China), founder of the International Institute of Medical Qigong.
Texts available, please use the Order Texts Here link.
This first course introduces the student to exercises and meditations designed to heal imbalances, increase vitatliy, calm the mind, and reconnect with spirit.
Students will gain a deep understanding of Daoist mysticism and the spiritual basis of Chinese Medicine. They will experience their own ability to heal others through the power of invocation, intention, sound and visualization.
The course will give the student an understanding of energy tonification, purgation, and regulation of the body's organs and energy channels, as well as strengthening the body's protective energy field (Wei Qi). Some topics covered in this course include:
- Basic breath training
- Taoist Five Qigong
- Emotional detoxification
- Healing sound therapy and treatment
- Microcosmic Orbit
- Grounding Meditations and Exercises
- Establishing a personal medical qigong workout
Seminar 2: Introduction to Diagnosis and Treatments
This second course is designed to introduce the student to the further theories of energy purgation, tonification, regulation and cultivation. In addition, students will work to strengthen the body's protective energy field (Wei Qi) and learn techniques to avoid absorbing Toxic Qi. There will be a wonderful opportunity to connect with the higher beings that will empower them as healers.
Students are led through a progressive series of advanced Shen Gong (Spirit Skill) meditations and exercises, used to develop advanced intuitive diagnostic skills. There will be lectures and demonstrations on the emotional roots of disease. Additionally, students will learn the Basic treatment protocol for treating patients.
Other topics covered in this course will include:
- Developing energetic sensitivity and perception skills
- Energetic projection skills
- Meeting the Masters
- Basic Treatment Protocol
- Magic Gloves Treatment
- Advanced emotional detoxification therapy
- Yi-Quan meditation exercises to develop focused intention of mind and energy
- Energetic diagnostic techniques
Seminar 3: Clinical Foundations of Medical Qigong Therapy
This third course is designed to give the student many more tools to use for energy healing. More in depth discussion and understanding of the roots of illness within the emotional, mental and spiritual fields.
Other topics covered in this course include:
- Three levels of ancient Daoist mysticism
- Creating energy balls
- Gathering plant essences from nature
- Creating personal talismans
- Materializing and dematerializing energy
- Beginning a healing practice
- Qi healing methods (including Invisible Needle, Energetic Point Therapy, etc.)
- Qi Self-massage
- Distance Therapy
- Color therapy
- More powerful treatment protocols
Seminar 4: The Treatment of Organ Diseases & Medical Qigong Prescription Exercises
This course introduces students to a new level of clinical protocols and internal organ treatments, as well as the Medical Qigong exercises and meditations prescribed as homework in Clinic.
Other topics covered include:
- Treatment of organ diseases
- Treatments for specific conditions
- How to work with death and dying
- Diagnostic circles to read energy
- Introduction to SCM clinics
- Clinical Exam and Practical Exam
- Graduation celebration
Students will have an opportunity to practice treatments in a live setting. Volunteer patients will receive SCM sessions, as well as the Medical Qigong exercises and meditations, in this intensive three-day clinic practicum. All level of students participate together and less experienced Therapist and Masters students share their wisdom with the Practitioners. Public sessions in the morning will be followed by discussion of treatments and student sessions in the afternoon.