Medical Qigong Practitioner Training: Overview
NOTE: Medical Qigong Training has now been incorporated into the larger scheme of Shamanic Chinese Medicine training. Students will receive their certification in Medical Qigong and can add the Channeling course to become a Practitioner of Shamanic Chinese Medicine if they choose.
Schedule for Practitioner Training Series in:
- SCM 4: May 31 – June 4, 2017
- Clinic: June 9 - 11, 2017
2017 - 18
- SCM 1: Sept. 27 - Oct. 1, 2017
- SCM 2: Nov. 15 - 19, 2017
- SCM 3: March 21 - 25, 2018
- SCM 4: May 30 - June 3, 2018
- Clinic: June 15 - 17, 2018
San Anselmo, CA
- SCM 1: Jan. 26 - 28, 2017
- SCM 2: April. 13 - 15, 2018
- SCM 3: June 22 - 24, 2018
- SCM 4: TBA
Medical Qigong is an ancient form of Chinese Energetic Medicine, dating back at least 5000 years. It is one of the four branches of Traditional Chinese Medicine. Practitioners study, utilize and master the secret knowledge passed down from the Qigong healers of ancient times. Medical Qigong is the energetic healing component of Chinese medicine. It works with balancing the Qi (energy). In Chinese medicine, the physical, mental/emotional, and spiritual bodies are all connected, and when an imbalance in the physical body manifests, it also has a root connected to the person's mental/emotional, and/or spiritual field. When balancing the Qi, we work on clearing any stuck, stagnant energy in all of the fields. This helps the Qi to flow smoothly, which then helps restore balance and well-being.
Medical Qigong classes are an exciting way to accelerate your own personal growth as you develop the skills of a true healer.
An Empty Mountain Certificate is awarded upon seminar completion. Find out more about the certification requirements.
Prerequisite: There is no prerequisite for this course.
Transform your life as you practice Qigong exercises and meditations, give and receive powerful healing sessions and become a master of such mystical healing arts as Invisible Needles, Distance Therapy, Imprinting Qi, Emitting Hot and Cold Energies, Sound Therapy, Color Therapy, Vibration Emission and much more.
- 200 hr Practitioner Program
- No prerequisites
- Leads to Therapist and Masters's Programs
- Includes audio downloads
- Vancouver class format is 4 X 5 day seminars plus 3 day clinic
- San Anselmo format is 4 X 2.5 days home study with video and 2.5 days live per seminar plus 3 day clinic
- Vancouver - $3,575 Tuition plus texts
- San Anselmo - $3,375 Tuition plus texts
We will utilize "Chinese Energetic Medicine, volumes 1 - 5, by Dr. Jerry Alan Johnson Ph.D., D.T.C.M., D.M.Q. (China), founder of the International Institute of Medical Qigong.
Texts available, please use the Order Texts Here link.
This first course is designed to introduce the student to Medical Qigong exercises to maintain health, heal their bodies, calm their minds, and reconnect with their spirit.
Medical Qigong exercises will be taught that help the body correct the physical and energetic imbalances. This strengthens and regulates internal organs, nervous system and immune system, relieves pain, regulates hormones, and strengthens and releases deep-seated emotions and stress.
The course will introduce the student to the basic theories of energy tonification, purgation, and regulation of the body's organs and energy channels, as well as strengthening the body's protective energy field (Wei Qi).
Other topics covered in this course include:
- Respiration, posture, and mental training
- Emotional detoxification
- Healing sound therapy
- Analyzing and categorizing qigong exercises
- Introduction to medical qigong prescriptions
- Establishing a personal medical qigong workout
Objective: Students will have a basic understanding of the three regulations of Medical Qigong and be able to properly develop a Medical Qigong routine.
Seminar 2: Introduction to Diagnosis and Treatments
This second course is designed to introduce the student to the further theories of energy purgation, tonification, regulation and cultivation. In addition, strengthening the body's protective energy field (Wei Qi) and the techniques used to avoid absorbing Toxic Qi while in a clinical environment will be discussed.
Students are led through a progressive series of advanced Shen Gong (Spirit Skill) meditations and exercises, used to develop advanced intuitive diagnostic skills. Additionally, students will learn the Medical Qigong treatment protocol for treating patients.
Other topics covered in this course will include:
- Developing energetic sensitivity and perception skills
- Energetic projection skills
- Advanced emotional detoxification therapy
- Yi-Quan meditation exercises to develop focused intention of mind and energy
- Introduction to clinical energetic diagnostic techniques
- Introduction to prescriptions and clinical treatments
Objective: Students will develop energetic diagnostic and projection skills with a focus on clinical Qigong therapy and Traditional Chinese Medicine. Emphasis will be placed on the practical clinical applications of Medical Qigong Therapy.
Seminar 3: Clinical Foundations of Medical Qigong Therapy
This third course is designed to offer the student an overview of the major principles and foundational structures that govern Traditional Chinese Medical Qigong.
Other topics covered in this course include:
- Three levels of ancient Daoist mysticism
- Four functional properties of energy
- Materializing and dematerializing energy
- Establishing a Medical Qigong clinic
- Combining Medical Qigong with other healing modalities
- Qi emitting methods (including Invisible Needle, Energetic Point Therapy, etc.)
- Internal organ prescriptions and Healing Sound Therapy
Objective: Students will have a deeper comprehension of the body's energetic matrix as it pertains to Traditional Chinese Medicine, Disease, Diagnosis, and the Medical Qigong Clinic. The focus will be placed on integrating clinical qigong modalities, advanced assessment, energetic modulation skills, case studies, and clinical exercises.
Seminar 4: The Treatment of Organ Diseases & Medical Qigong Prescription Exercises
This fourth course offers the student an overview of the major principles and foundational structures that govern Traditional Chinese Medical Qigong. This course is designed to introduce students to the advanced theories and clinical modalities of internal organ treatment, as well as the Medical Qigong exercises and meditations prescribed as homework in the Medical Qigong Clinic.
Other topics covered include:
- Treatment of liver diseases
- Treatment of heart diseases
- Treatment of spleen diseases
- Treatment of stomach diseases
- Treatment of lung diseases
- Treatment of kidney diseases
Objective: Students will have a deeper comprehension of specific organ diseases as they pertain to Traditional Chinese Medicine, Diagnosis, and Medical Qigong prescriptions. Emphasis will be placed on the practical clinical applications of Chinese Medical Qigong Therapy.
Students will have an opportunity to practice advanced theories and clinical modalities of internal organ treatment, as well as the Medical Qigong exercises and meditations, in an intensive three-day clinic practicum. All level of students participate together and less experienced Therapist and Masters students share their wisdom with the Practitioners.
"Qigong is a way of being.
Being soft, yet strong.
Qigong is a way of breathing.
Breathing deeply, yet calmly.
Qigong is a way of standing.
Alert, yet relaxed."